- 1A sideshow at a fair, featuring abnormally developed people or animals.More example sentences
- Neither you nor I wish to show ourselves off there like two animals on a freak show in a circus.
- With his orphaned son in hand, Trewley sets off into the murky depths of London and the freak show where he discovers the Elephant Woman.
- The wider argument is that as the freak show went out of business, its imagery spread through literature, film and the visual arts.
- 1.1An unusual or grotesque event viewed for pleasure, especially when in bad taste.More example sentences
- But while the sport has been transformed in the last five years, you still find people treating our event as a freak show or a catwalk.
- The punch-up was first of all a media event, a freak show.
- If we don't keep drugs out of these events, they become freak shows, the athletes like gladiators - with us playing the role of decadent Romans, urging them on.
More definitions of freak showDefinition of freak show in:
- The US English dictionary