noun[mass noun] Physics
- A thermodynamic quantity equivalent to the capacity of a system to do work. See also Gibbs free energy.More example sentences
- The origin of the cell voltage is then the difference in free energy between Li + ions in the crystal structures of the two electrode materials.
- Therefore, a thermodynamic analysis of denaturation free energy change can be used.
- Thus the calculated electrostatic free energy corresponds to the work required to push the test ion into the channel.
More definitions of free energyDefinition of free energy in:
- The US English dictionary