- (In soccer and rugby) an unimpeded kick of the stationary ball awarded to one side as a penalty for a foul or infringement by the other side: the referee awarded the free kick to LiverpoolMore example sentences
- Under this new ruling match officials would in future award all free kicks at least 30 yards from where the incident took place.
- He is an expert at dead ball situations and free kicks.
- He certainly is the most confident - whether he is making saves or taking penalties or free kicks.
More definitions of free kickDefinition of free kick in:
- The US English dictionary