Definition of free market in English:
An economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between privately owned businesses: a free market in broadcasting [as modifier]: reforms were announced in a step towards a free-market economy
More example sentences
- We are committed to a free-market system, and we will stay on that course.
- There are two types of ethical criticisms that can be made of the free-market system.
- Nations like Hong Kong and Japan rose from the ashes of the Second World War as free-market economies.
free marketeer noun
- Example sentences
- Even more remarkable is the indignation on the part of free marketeers who should be thankful that, once again, regulators have saved capitalism from its self-cannibalizing instincts.
- These two great free marketeers understood how government uses the period immediately following a war as it does the war itself for state power and special-interest rewards.
- Perry, a free marketeer, should see it for what it is: anti-competitive on its face and anti-consumer at its core.
free marketeering noun
- Example sentences
- I really don't want to be labeled a protectionist, but I think there is a happy medium between raw free marketeering and highwall protectionism.
- It is the logical end result of global free marketeering that equates free trade with democracy, no matter what the costs may be, human or economic!
- While this simple logical principle has always been true, in modern times the painful truth is becoming more and more evident as growth addicted free marketeering wrecks ever greater destruction upon the environment in which it functions.
Definition of free market in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan