- The height of a ship’s side between the waterline and the deck: his vessels have more freeboard and interior volume than most [count noun]: a low freeboardMore example sentences
- Modifications to the hull included increasing the freeboard amidships and flaring the topsides to widen the beam at the weatherdeck.
- For another, the low freeboard of a bass boat could be a lure of the wrong kind when fishing the rivers and billabongs of the Outback.
- There is a safety issue with pontoons - the height of the freeboard can be too high for people in the water to reach up to.
More definitions of freeboardDefinition of freeboard in:
- The US English dictionary