- A person who challenged racial laws in the American South during in the 1960s, originally by refusing to abide by the laws governing the segregation of seating in buses.More example sentences
- He was jailed as a freedom rider, arrested as a war protester and, at the United Nations headquarters in New York, as a hunger striker against nuclear weapons.
- But an awful lot of people did not know that he risked both political life as well as physical life as a freedom rider.
- Founded in 1867, the church served as headquarters for African Americans and all freedom riders during the Civil Rights Movement.
More definitions of freedom riderDefinition of freedom rider in:
- The US English dictionary