- A person who rejects consumerism and seeks to help the environment by reducing waste, especially by retrieving and using discarded food and other goods: there is a need for more freegans in our wasteful societyMore example sentences
- Rather than condone our "wasteful, profit-driven, mass-production society", freegans pledge "a total boycott of the economic system where the profit motive has eclipsed ethical considerations".
- Some call them "dumpster divers," but Ross Parry and Ash Falkingham like to count themselves among the Freegans - a growing band of foragers who seek to live entirely from the waste of others.
- Freegans in New York and Seattle claim to have subsisted for years by dining out surreptitiously at their neighbourhood dumpsters, undermining meal by meal the evil corporations' irresponsible pursuit of profit.
More definitions of freeganDefinition of freegan in:
- The US English dictionary