- Refresh oneself by washing or changing into clean clothes: he went off to freshen up in the local bathsMore example sentences
have a wash, wash oneself, bathe, shower; tidy oneself (up), spruce oneself up, smarten up, groom oneself, preen oneself, primp oneself, prink oneself; North American wash up• informal titivate oneself, do oneself up, doll oneself upBritish • informal tart oneself up• literary lave• formal or • humorous perform one's ablutions• archaic plume oneself, trig oneself, make one's toilet
- He imagined clean towels and crisp linen, and the opportunity to freshen up and prepare himself for what he figured must be just around the corner for him.
- After freshening up we went for an Indian meal at the restaurant a few doors away.
- After a satisfying period of lounging around, reading the papers, and gazing out at the bunnies hip-hopping about in the snow, we moved up to our bedroom to get freshened up for the evening.
More definitions of freshen upDefinition of freshen up in:
- The US English dictionary