noun (plural freshmen)
1A first-year student at university.
- Why are most of the victims physically weak such as university freshmen or sophomores or female students?
- She is currently enrolled at California State University Fullerton as a freshman in the Honors Program.
- When Arizona State University's freshmen begin to navigate college life this fall, about 35 of them will get extra support from their parents.
1.1North American A first-year student at high school.
- She was named class advisor for both seniors and freshmen at Saltsburg High School.
- Jean and Fernando joined the organization as high school freshmen, and after three years they have a sense of perspective.
- Still, those four years make up only half the lifespan for the seemingly young band, who started performing as high school freshmen.
Words that rhyme with freshmanfreshmen
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: fresh|man
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.