noun (plural freshmen)
- 1A first-year student at university.More example sentences
- Why are most of the victims physically weak such as university freshmen or sophomores or female students?
- She is currently enrolled at California State University Fullerton as a freshman in the Honors Program.
- When Arizona State University's freshmen begin to navigate college life this fall, about 35 of them will get extra support from their parents.
- 1.1North American A first-year student at high school.More example sentences
- She was named class advisor for both seniors and freshmen at Saltsburg High School.
- Jean and Fernando joined the organization as high school freshmen, and after three years they have a sense of perspective.
- Still, those four years make up only half the lifespan for the seemingly young band, who started performing as high school freshmen.