- A fretted fingerboard on a guitar or other musical instrument.More example sentences
- Hayden's progression is apparent from the opening chords of ‘Street Car,’ faint and filtered, with audible squeaks and shimmers of Hayden's fingers on the fretboard of his 12-string.
- Kelvin's hands were so small they could only just reach around the fretboard of his guitar.
- You have to stumble over the transition to the last verse of ‘Louie Louie,’ as the Kingsmen did, or play the guitar solo in ‘You Really Got Me’ like Dave Davies, as if your fingers might slip off the fretboard and ruin it at any moment.
More definitions of fretboardDefinition of fretboard in:
- The US English dictionary