noun (plural fricandeaux /-dəʊz/)
- 1A slice of meat, especially veal, cut from the leg.More example sentences
- These are very small fricandeaux, two or three of which are served on one dish, and they sometimes also are delicate, but highly-flavoured minces, formed into any approved shapes.
- It may be used with the feather of a quill, to colour meats, such as the upper part of fricandeaux, and to impart colour to sauces.
- 1.1A dish consisting of a veal fillet stewed or fried and served with a sauce.More example sentences
- The fricandeau is a typical meal of Lozère.
- The leg is used for cutlets, fricandeaux, stews and roasts, and for braising.
- It is a beautiful accompaniment to succulently poached white meat like breast of chicken, or fricandeau of veal.
French, probably related to fricassée 'stew', from the verb fricasser (see fricassee).
More definitions of fricandeauDefinition of fricandeau in:
- The US English dictionary