- A dish of stewed or fried pieces of meat served in a thick white sauce.More example sentences
- They were put into spiced cream sauces or made into fricassées.
- My fancy was caught by smoked ham hock and beetroot terrine with confit beetroot and dill and lime cream, followed by loin of veal with a fricassée of squid, white beans, parsley and garlic.
- We were both served salads of oak leaf, fricassée and a plain vinaigrette dressing.
verb (fricassees, fricasseeing, fricasseed)[with object] Back to top
French fricassée, feminine past participle of fricasser 'cut up and cook in sauce' (probably a blend of frire 'to fry' and casser 'to break').
More definitions of fricasseeDefinition of fricassee in:
- The US English dictionary