- A refrigerator: she put the carton of milk back in the fridgeMore example sentences
- Storage facilities like fridges and deep freezers are examined to ensure they comply with health regulations.
- Freezers, fridges, microwaves and cookers are checked and tested before being delivered at a low cost to clients.
- Asbestos and 20 fridges and freezers were among the abandoned rubbish, which took council workers nearly a day to clear.
1920s: abbreviation, probably influenced by the proprietary name Frigidaire.
More definitions of fridgeDefinition of fridge in:
- The US English dictionary