noun[mass noun] Military
- Weapon fire coming from one’s own side that causes accidental injury or death to one’s own forces.More example sentences
- Although he was mortally wounded by friendly fire, the flank attack continued under Stuart the next day, joining up with Lee.
- Although the combatant forces are heavily intermixed, friendly fire does not appear to have been an issue during the actual battle.
- And then there is the added danger of mines, hidden weapons, friendly fire and the environment itself.
More definitions of friendly fireDefinition of friendly fire in:
- The US English dictionary