- (In Mexican cookery) beans.More example sentences
- After dinner, typically a light meatless meal with corn tortillas and frijoles or some kind of pepper or tomato soup, I sit on the bench in the courtyard enjoying the evening breeze or reading the paper while the children play.
- Puerto Ricans and Chicanos are linguistically linked, but if you invite them over for frijoles and serve refried beans, one will be disappointed.
- It is folded over and filled with a soft white cheese, chopped meat, fried pork rinds, or frijoles (red or black beans).
Spanish, plural of frijol 'bean'.
More definitions of frijolesDefinition of frijoles in:
- The US English dictionary