(also frill-necked lizard)
A large north Australian lizard with a membrane round the neck which can be erected to form a ruff for defensive display. When disturbed it runs away on its hind legs.
- Chlamydosaurus kingii, family Agamidae
More example sentences
- Frilled lizards, owls, cockatoos, and parrots lived in cages around him.
- The frilled lizard lives in the subhumid to semi-arid grassy woodlands.
- We also have bandicoots, goannas, wallabies, pademelons, frill-necked lizards, possums and more.
Definition of frilled lizard in:
- The US English dictionary