- The curly endive (see endive ( sense 1)): a salad of frisée, bacon, and rabbit confitMore example sentences
- Aside from dipping them in salt, I thinly slice radishes and toss them with coarse frisée, toasted hazelnuts and hazelnut oil; a terrific salad served with a round of fresh or aged goat cheese.
- It was only a little haddock fishball with a leaf or two of frisée.
- Instead of ketchup, there's tomato compote on top, along with frisée and a smear of fresh mayonnaise.
French, from chicorée frisée 'curly endive'.
More definitions of friséeDefinition of frisée in:
- The US English dictionary