- A sudden strong feeling of excitement or fear; a thrill: a frisson of excitementMore example sentences
- As I put my hand on the sunroom door I felt a sudden frisson of fear.
- When Kamal made his entry to the accompaniment of drum-beats, a frisson of excitement shot through the crowds.
- At exactly midday, the cannon is fired and a frisson of excitement runs through the small crowd of tourists gathered on the ramparts.
late 18th century: French, 'a shiver or thrill'.
More definitions of frissonDefinition of frisson in:
- The US English dictionary