- 1The mixture of silica and fluxes which is fused at high temperature to make glass.More example sentences
- He poured his solution in, and watched in horror and disbelief as the white membrane filter dissolved and merrily sluiced through the glass frit along with his compound.
- The panels are made of varying sizes of glass frit that, when melted, trap varying sizes of air bubbles.
- Visual transparency can also be controlled by applying frit to both sides of the glass so that at some angles it appears transparent, and at other angles it appears opaque.
- 1.1A calcined and pulverized mixture similar to frit, used to make soft-paste porcelain or ceramic glazes.More example sentences
- The ceramic frit is chromatically and tonally matched to the Portland Stone facade at the north-east corner of Broadcasting House.
- Every blend of frit is fire tested to ensure beautiful results.
verb (frits, fritting, fritted)[with object] Back to top
- Make into frit.More example sentences
- The solid fritted bonding material consists essentially of a blended wax composition and a powder.
- The ‘whiteness’ of various fritted products may vary slightly from piece to piece due to minor color variations in the batch mix.
mid 17th century: from Italian fritta, feminine past participle of friggere 'to fry'.