- An Italian dish made with fried beaten eggs, resembling a Spanish omelette.More example sentences
- On the menu you'll find fresh pasta, panini, frittatas and both brunch and breakfast fare.
- You can make deviled eggs for appetizers, spike them in eggnog or make quiches, frittatas, omelets or other brunch-type party fare.
- Egg-based dishes such as omelettes or frittatas which include cooked vegetables can be prepared quickly and make a wholesome entrée.
Italian, from fritto, past participle of friggere 'to fry'. Compare with fritter2.
More definitions of frittataDefinition of frittata in:
- The US English dictionary