- A floating freshwater plant with creeping stems which bear clusters of small rounded leaves.
More example sentences
- Two species in the family Hydrocharitaceae: Eurasian frogbit (Hydrocharis morsus-ranae) and American frogbit (Hydromystria laevigatum)
- Other species found during the survey include coontail, fragrant waterlily, American pondweed, duckweed, American frogbit, cattail, soft-stem bulrush, and arrowhead.
- Since its introduction in Ottawa, European frogbit has become one of the dominant plants in many eastern-Ontario wetlands, and has reduced native plant biodiversity.
- European frogbit can displace native aquatic plants and deplete dissolved oxygen levels, impacting fish and wildlife.