- 1From start to finish of a journey: the trip from door to door could take more than four hoursMore example sentences
- I live in Hendon and its a long 50 minute journey from door to door.
- That one required a twelve hour journey, door to door.
- My journey, door to door, by underground also takes an hour as I have a 15 minute walk to the station and a 10 minute walk at the other end.
- 2Visiting all the houses in an area to sell or publicize something: he went from door to door selling insurance policies [as modifier]: a door-to-door salesmanMore example sentences
- Tickets will be sold door to door in the area.
- The fundraising committee will be selling the book door to door in the area over the next two weeks.
- The court was told the landlord ran a business selling door to door products in the area and had men from the north west of England who worked for him.
More definitions of from door to doorDefinition of from door to door in:
- The US English dictionary