Entry from US English dictionary
1The part of a basketball court where each team tries to score against its opponent.
- First of all, it can be an effective means of moving your opponent to the front court while forcing a change of direction.
- As soon as the pass is made, the center girl should roll to the basket and both of the girls at half court should break into the front court.
- The ‘Inside-Out Move’ is one of the best advanced moves in the front court in basketball.
1.1The players on a team who usually play closest to the other team’s basket when trying to score.
- I think the Rockets, Grizzlies and Clippers all have a chance to have very good front courts next year.
- They have one of the best front courts in the country, whereas St. Joe's obviously doesn't.
- Anyways… to finish my rant here are teams with better front courts than the Wizards.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.