Definition of front page in English:
The first page of a newspaper, containing the most important or remarkable news of the day: [as modifier]: the story is still front-page news
More example sentences
- Just days after being installed, the state-owned Daily News carried a front-page story highlighting the president's directive to take ‘urgent actions to uplift estate workers’.
- When he returned the local newspaper had a front-page story which made him cringe.
- Across Australia, his passing provoked front-page headlines in newspapers and pages of coverage.
hold the front page chiefly ironic
- Used to draw attention to an important or noteworthy fact or occurrence: Pop star tries new look. Blimey, hold the front pageMore example sentences
- A newspaper finds a positive trend… … hold the front page.
- Oh my god, sex has something to do with social relations, hold the front page.
- Hold the front page: our heroes remain mislaid.
Definition of front page in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan