Definition of front page in English:
The first page of a newspaper, containing the most important or remarkable news of the day: [as modifier]: the story is still front-page news
More example sentences
- Just days after being installed, the state-owned Daily News carried a front-page story highlighting the president's directive to take ‘urgent actions to uplift estate workers’.
- When he returned the local newspaper had a front-page story which made him cringe.
- Across Australia, his passing provoked front-page headlines in newspapers and pages of coverage.
- hold the front page chiefly ironic
- Used to draw attention to an important or noteworthy fact or occurrence: Pop star tries new look. Blimey, hold the front pageMore example sentences
- A newspaper finds a positive trend… … hold the front page.
- Oh my god, sex has something to do with social relations, hold the front page.
- Hold the front page: our heroes remain mislaid.
Definition of front page in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.