Definition of fronton in English:
1A building where pelota or jai alai is played.
- The referendum asked state voters to decide whether Miami-Dade and Broward counties could conduct a separate local referendum for approval to install slot machines at horse tracks and dog tracks and jai-alai frontons in those counties.
- Jim Horne, Florida's education commissioner, publicly supports a ballot initiative that could eventually lead to expanded gaming at seven of South Florida's racetracks and jai-alai frontons.
- Voters will have the opportunity to approve a constitutional amendment that could pave the way for slot machines at three horse racetracks, two dog tracks, and two jai-alai frontons in the state.
2 another term for pediment.
- At the library left of the central shrine the frontons are especially noteworthy.
- Far from being inert, it takes in that which is found below and carries it skywards, serving as a base for other diminishing frontons that are set at the projection of the upper tiers.
- Each of these frontons is again distinguished by bordering ornamental turrets on its either flanks, which are carried beyond the parapets.
Definition of fronton in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan