Definition of frostbite in English:
Injury to body tissues caused by exposure to extreme cold, typically affecting the nose, fingers, or toes and often resulting in gangrene: when they rescued him he was suffering from frostbite
More example sentences
- Prolonged application of cold at very low temperatures can cause frostbite or nerve injuries.
- The condition has been known to arise from injuries as diverse as frostbite, leg ulcers and punctures from hypodermic syringes.
- In 1941 he treated a young Canadian for frostbite, and had to amputate the man's gangrenous fingers.
- Example sentences
- In England and northwest Europe, while treating many soldiers with frostbitten limbs, his interest in hypothermia grew stronger.
- Do not rub frostbitten areas or apply direct heat.
- In the meantime, elevate the frostbitten area to minimize swelling.
Definition of frostbite in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan