Definition of fructification in English:
1The process of fructifying.
- The modern reader is surprised to learn the specifics of the devil's power to ‘prevent the erection of that member which is adapted to fructification… [and] prevent the flow of vital essence by closing… the seminary ducts.
- They focused their attention not only on the surface appearance of things but also on their interiors, particularly the organs of fructification and generation.
- Culminating on Saturday, the exhibition has all that goes into fructification of the dream of a middle-class family.
1.1 [count noun] Botany A spore-bearing or fruiting structure, especially in a fungus.
- Bass suggested that the fossils might represent fructifications of angiosperms or gymnosperms, or perhaps both, but said formal identifications had not been made.
- Stems, leaves and, fructifications may not look well preserved in the field, and as they occur in cemented rocks that do not break along bedding planes they can easily be missed.
- Depending on the species, these fructifications can be in the form of sporangia, aethalia or plasmodiocarps.
Definition of fructification in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan