- another term for fruiting body.More example sentences
- A morel is noticeably different from a normal mushroom; instead of a cap, it has an upright fruit body, distinctively pitted and resembling a honeycomb or sponge.
- Its single-stalked fruit body is much like the surface of a mushroom gill, rich with spores.
- The shiny, blue-black layer that is so conspicuous on each fruit body in the photograph is comprised of thousands of balloon-like cells, each pointing up and each containing eight spores.
More definitions of fruit bodyDefinition of fruit body in:
- The US English dictionary