Definition of fruit cup in English:
1British A drink consisting of a mixture of fruit juices, typically with pieces of fruit in it: summer wine punches and fruit cups [mass noun]: he’s getting me some fruit cup
More example sentences
- When they bring her a fruit cup, she scoops as if she hasn't eaten today.
- It is not what I would expect from a gin sling modelled, like Pimm's, on the classic early l9th - century English fruit cups.
2North American A fruit salad.
- I eat a late lunch of tuna salad sandwich, fruit cup and water at the cafe in the library.
- We imagine her recipe for jailhouse alcoholic ‘sterno’ does magnificent things with the odd fermented commissary fruit cup.
- Have a yogurt or fruit cup at 10: 30 ish to get you by until lunch.
Definition of fruit cup in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan