Definition of fruitarian in English:
A person who eats only fruit: I have been a fruitarian for three years [as modifier]: the prehistoric fruitarian diet
More example sentences
- All are vegetarians, many are vegans and some, including Ella, are fruitarians, living off a diet of nothing but fruit.
- There's lacto-ovo, lacto, ovo, vegan, macrobiotic, raw foodists and fruitarians.
- A typical advertisement will often say ‘all meals are meat meals’ or ‘vegetarians welcome’, although we did find one that said, ‘no fruitarians please!’
- Example sentences
- He added that yoga practitioners in some of the European countries have gone an extra yard practising ‘fruitarianism’.
- So the only reason you tried fruitarianism was so you could make fun of them and not be a hypocrite, right?
- His stamina is indefatigable and he hasn't had a cold since he converted to raw food fruitarianism.
Late 19th century: from fruit, on the pattern of vegetarian.
Words that rhyme with fruitarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definition of fruitarian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.