A person who eats only fruit: I have been a fruitarian for three years [as modifier]: the prehistoric fruitarian diet
More example sentences
- All are vegetarians, many are vegans and some, including Ella, are fruitarians, living off a diet of nothing but fruit.
- There's lacto-ovo, lacto, ovo, vegan, macrobiotic, raw foodists and fruitarians.
- A typical advertisement will often say ‘all meals are meat meals’ or ‘vegetarians welcome’, although we did find one that said, ‘no fruitarians please!’
late 19th century: from fruit, on the pattern of vegetarian.
- More example sentences
- He added that yoga practitioners in some of the European countries have gone an extra yard practising ‘fruitarianism’.
- So the only reason you tried fruitarianism was so you could make fun of them and not be a hypocrite, right?
- His stamina is indefatigable and he hasn't had a cold since he converted to raw food fruitarianism.
Definition of fruitarian in:
- The US English dictionary