- 1An immature or small fruit.More example sentences
- Apple scab over-winters on fallen leaves, codling moth caterpillars live in fallen apples and pear midge grubs live in fallen fruitlets.
- She said their early apricot varieties were already forming fruitlets and the bees were ‘flat out’ on the later-blossoming varieties.
- Sawflies infest fruitlets and cause these to drop prematurely after which the pests pupate in the topsoil.
- 1.1 Botany another term for drupel.More example sentences
- Pedicel CSA in fruitlets destined to abscind declined once symptoms of pending abscission became apparent.
- Recently, it has been shown that young Citrus fruitlets are able to synthesize ethylene in a manner that resembles the system II pathway of the climacteric fruits.
- Although a higher proportion of fruitlets were thinned from the low-vigour vines after anthesis (data not shown), these vines still carried higher crop loads relative to total leaf area.
More definitions of fruitletDefinition of fruitlet in:
- The US English dictionary