- (Of a lichen) having upright or pendulous branches.More example sentences
- This tome includes detailed entries on more than 800 foliose, fruticose, and crustose lichens; essays on the biology, structure, uses, and ecological significance of these plants; and hundreds of color photographs.
- Examples of fruticose microlichens include Calicium, Chaenotheca, Gyalideopsis, and Microlychnus.
- Where thriving foliose and fruticose lichens can be found, the environment is clean and healthy.
mid 17th century: from Latin fruticosus, from frutex, frutic- 'bush, shrub'.
More definitions of fruticoseDefinition of fruticose in:
- The US English dictionary