Definition of fuel injection in English:
The direct introduction of fuel under pressure into the combustion units of an internal-combustion engine.
- To this the students may add the options of turbocharger or supercharger, carburetor or fuel injection with electronic engine management.
- The diesel uses second-generation common rail diesel injection and incorporates computer-controlled fuel injection and high pressure directly into the combustion chamber.
- Consider a bike with shaft drive, a 6-speed gearbox, Bosch fuel injection and moderate, ride-all-day ergonomics.
- 1fuel-injected adjective
- Example sentences
- Dubbed the V - 2 / 90, the engine is a fuel-injected, four-stroke, 90-degree V-twin modular design with balance shafts.
- Most fuel-injected cars will cut off the fuel supply to the engine while you slow down saving you even more gas.
- Here was a car that had a big practical boot at the back and a fuel-injected 110 bhp engine at the front.
Definition of fuel injection in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.