- A pufferfish that is eaten as a Japanese delicacy, after some highly poisonous parts have been removed: paper-thin slices of fugu [as modifier]: all fugu chefs must pass a government testMore example sentences
- Even so, instances occur of Japanese dying from fugu poisoning, usually because someone without the necessary skill has attempted to prepare the fish.
- Japanese prize puffer sashimi - fugu - though some diners die even after well-trained chefs trim the poisonous tissue.
- The apotheosis of the sushi chef's art is the preparation of the highly poisonous fugu fish.
More definitions of fuguDefinition of fugu in:
- The US English dictionary