- (In certain team games) a player in a defensive position, playing at the side of the field in soccer and hockey and behind the other backs in rugby.More example sentences
- One of the league's best blocking fullbacks and an improving runner, Christian missed the final two games in 1998 and all of the playoffs after tearing the ACL and MCL in the same knee.
- Tight defending by fullbacks kept the tenacious Battyeford side at bay.
- Defense is all the team, it's not just midfielders, fullbacks and the goalkeeper.
More definitions of full backDefinition of full back in:
- The US English dictionary