- An aggressive tactic in which members of a team cover their opponents throughout the court and not just in the region near their own basket.More example sentences
- Florida needs to be consistently effective with its defense, whether the Gators are squeezing opponents with their full-court press or locking them up in the halfcourt.
- By putting on the full-court press, the Cardinals hope to beat out the other teams, and they just might do that.
- Next Year's NBA will hum with full-court presses, dead-eye jump-shooting, and endless fast-breaking.
More definitions of full-court pressDefinition of full-court press in:
- The US English dictionary