- (Of a sailing ship) having three or more masts that all carry square sails.More example sentences
- Cruise the Mediterranean in unaccustomed splendour aboard the Royal Clipper, the only square-sailed full-rigged ship in the world with five masts.
- In 1900 he took his love of ships a step further and joined the full-rigged ship Grassmere and sailed in her around Cape Horn to England.
- Another attempt at relating the expression to sailing ships has it that nine yards is somehow related to the area of canvas, but a full-rigged ship had vastly more than nine square yards of sail.
More definitions of full-riggedDefinition of full-rigged in:
- The US English dictionary