- A sister born of the same mother and father.More example sentences
- For example, the preferential treatment of full sisters over half sisters in a colony where the queen is mated with several males likely will affect colony performance and lead to decreased fitness of half sisters.
- In contrast, of the five visitors, defined as those who did not remain on the visited nest, only two were visiting full sisters, but visitors were full sisters on their nests of origin in all cases we could determine (three of three).
- The day's sale-topping yearling was produced by the winning Ela-Mana-Mou mare Archipova, a full sister to stakes-placed Abyaan and a half sister to stakes winner Sadlers Wings.
More definitions of full sisterDefinition of full sister in:
- The US English dictionary