Definition of full term in English:
1 see term (sense 2) of the noun).
- There shall be nine staggered full terms of Regular Service on the Supreme Court, each approximately 18 years in length, with terms beginning and ending every two years in odd numbered years.
- Three full terms, being 12 years, I would see as a maximum.
- During his three full terms, Kerry has served in many Party Committees and was recently Chairman of the Committee on Small Businesses.
2(At Oxford and Cambridge) the main part of the university term, during which lectures are given.
- You can apply two full terms worth of previous studies before starting your official pre-thesis study.
- I understand that when full term ends lectures and supervision also do so, but would hate to miss out on anything academic or crucially social in the Cambridge calendar between the two dates!
Definition of full term in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan