Definition of funambulist in English:
A tightrope walker.
- The masked funambulist Ginés de Pasamonte was disguised as the puppeteer Master Pedro?
- Then, from one generation the next, the Venetians battled the elements like funambulists walking a tight-rope.
- After all, both men were both expert funambulists, having risen to the rank of Black Belt in the Ringling Brothers School of Aerial Arts.
- Example sentences
- Funambulism has many potential pitfalls.
- In North America, funambulism was taken to new heights during the 1850s when Frenchman Jean Francois Gravelet got international attention by performing a number of stunts overtop Niagara Falls.
- The trapeze artist provides a crash course in funambulism.
Words that rhyme with funambulistnoctambulist, somnambulist
Definition of funambulist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.