Definition of funambulist in English:
A tightrope walker.
- The masked funambulist Ginés de Pasamonte was disguised as the puppeteer Master Pedro?
- Then, from one generation the next, the Venetians battled the elements like funambulists walking a tight-rope.
- After all, both men were both expert funambulists, having risen to the rank of Black Belt in the Ringling Brothers School of Aerial Arts.
- Example sentences
- Funambulism has many potential pitfalls.
- In North America, funambulism was taken to new heights during the 1850s when Frenchman Jean Francois Gravelet got international attention by performing a number of stunts overtop Niagara Falls.
- The trapeze artist provides a crash course in funambulism.
Words that rhyme with funambulistnoctambulist, somnambulist
Definition of funambulist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan