A tightrope walker.
- The masked funambulist Ginés de Pasamonte was disguised as the puppeteer Master Pedro?
- Then, from one generation the next, the Venetians battled the elements like funambulists walking a tight-rope.
- After all, both men were both expert funambulists, having risen to the rank of Black Belt in the Ringling Brothers School of Aerial Arts.
- Example sentences
- The tightrope outside Philippe Petit's house is iced with a thick frosting of snow - as is the long pole he uses to balance when he walks the wire: so there will be no funambulism for the Frenchman today.
- As the time wore on, funambulism became almost commonplace, performers tried to outdo one another by narrowing the rope and increasing their speed.
- The trapeze artist provides a crash course in funambulism.
Words that rhyme with funambulistnoctambulist, somnambulist
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: fu¦nam|bu¦list
Definition of funambulist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.