- The lowest frequency which is produced by the oscillation of the whole of an object, as distinct from the harmonics of higher frequency.More example sentences
- It was gratifying to see that the lowest fundamental frequency (resonant frequency) predicted by their model was in good agreement with our observed 3 Hz tail beat frequency preferred by tadpoles of the same size and species.
- In the premonsoon season, dominant frequencies, fundamental frequencies, maximum frequencies, and syllable lengths differed between colonies.
- A typical syllable of song type ‘A’ has a well-pronounced fundamental frequency and several harmonics.
More definitions of fundamental frequencyDefinition of fundamental frequency in:
- The US English dictionary