- The lowest note of a chord in its original form.More example sentences
- A vibrating string, for example, can oscillate as a whole to produce the fundamental note which establishes the pitch of the note we hear.
- The second movement begins with the horn singing all by itself, anchored in a fundamental note and flowering from there.
- The harmonics are secondary notes produced when an instrument is played, with frequencies that are multiples of the fundamental note frequency.
More definitions of fundamental noteDefinition of fundamental note in:
- The US English dictionary