(also funeral pile)
- A pile of wood on which a corpse is burnt as part of a funeral ceremony.More example sentences
- The lieutenant had sputtered indignantly that they at least be allowed to build a funeral pyre out of wood for them to be burned on top of, but Orion would not give.
- And on the seventh day it came to pass that the lorry was finally dispatched to empty its now stinking load onto a funeral pyre to be burned.
- As the funeral pyre smoldered, nearly burnt out, the first flakes of snow rained down, falling over the bones like frozen tears over a flaming grave.
More definitions of funeral pyreDefinition of funeral pyre in:
- The US English dictionary