- Relating to a funeral or the commemoration of the dead: funerary ceremoniesMore example sentences
- Ramesses claimed the victory from this drawn fight, celebrated in monumental funerary temple reliefs still visible at Thebes on the Nile.
- In the next scene, Hsiao Kang sits in the back of a car with the funerary urn containing his dead father's ashes balanced on his knee.
- This was a remarkable find, since little was known in those days about Old or Middle Kingdom temples apart from funerary monuments attached to royal burials.
late 17th century: from late Latin funerarius, from funus, funer- 'funeral'.
More definitions of funeraryDefinition of funerary in:
- The US English dictionary