noun (plural fungoes or fungos)
- 1 (also fungo fly) Baseball A fly ball hit for practice.More example sentences
- If that is working on your hitting, than Pedroia taking fungoes before the game is working on your fielding.
- What if instead of the traditional coach hitting fungos to the outfield a new device is created that helps a fielder increase the area they cover in the field?
- A writer in Scientific American in 1915 advised players not to hit fungo flies during pregame practice because it would lead to hitting flies during the game.
- 1.1 (also fungo bat or stick) A long lightweight bat for hitting practice balls to fielders.More example sentences
- Our infield and outfield fungoes are turned from solid, high quality, northern white ash.
- Available in four colors, our fungo bat is specifically designed to hit a tossed ball for practice and pre-game drills.
- All fungo bats are available in any color and style.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of fungoDefinition of fungo in:
- The US English dictionary