Entry from US English dictionary
Denoting a type of dance music that combines funk with elements (such as the use of highly amplified guitars and a heavy drumbeat) derived from rock.
- The irony here of course is that the funkadelic Cali-flava'd beats aren't that hardcore.
- With his funkadelic style and phat, chopped-up beats, it's easy to see why Krafty was voted Best International Artist (over Sasha and Digweed) in the 2002 round of the Australian Dance Music Awards.
- The festival itself was perfectly pleasant: an earnest singer-songwriter and tightly harmonious acoustic guitar group preceding Saxman's funkadelic band.
- Example sentences
- The beat-pounding bass vibes crackle with a grimy, menacing old school trounce, before morphing into a intoxicating merry-go-round of dope-smoking funkadelia and quirky turntabling twists.
- This theme and its funkadelia variations continues for a minute or so and then gradually begins to disintegrate.
- It has spasmodic, willfully weird out-rock driven by Anderson's gutteral scrapes, gutbucket funkadelia and giant insect lead attack.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.