- A rotating funnel-shaped cloud forming the core of a tornado or waterspout.More example sentences
- Forecaster Chris Rees, from PA Weather, said it sounded as though a funnel cloud or a mini tornado had hit the town.
- The weather we have seen over the last few days is conducive to a tornado, or a funnel cloud as we call them, and we had one near Halton on Monday as well.
- The funnel cloud associated with most tornadoes results from moisture condensing out of humid air as the vortex accelerates and the air pressure inside drops.
More definitions of funnel cloudDefinition of funnel cloud in:
- The US English dictionary