- Deceptive, disobedient, or lecherous behaviour: they sent a big strong farmer’s lad to make sure there was no funny businessMore example sentences
- Be careful though: insider ownership is a double edged sword as executives may get involved in some funny business to increase artificially the stock's price and then quickly sell out the personal holdings for a profit.
- . Obviously the last one was just me, her question was no doubt ‘How many bones is it allowable to break in his hand if he tries any funny business?’
- These ongoing investigations of apparently quite real funny business opened the way for anyone to stir the pot, and Letelier's political enemies seem to have made the most of it.
More definitions of funny businessDefinition of funny business in:
- The US English dictionary