- Equipment for rolling up sails securely and neatly around their yards or booms: in-mast and headsail furling is standard [as modifier]: manual and hydraulic furling systemsMore example sentences
- The boat across the street from me has had its roller furling jib come loose and it's flapping so loudly that you can hear it in the house.
- You have taken your roller furling headsail off, so you know everything works, and, if you have a roller furling main, you have taken it off too.
- At one point, the captain allowed that one could probably handle Royal Clipper under sail with just two crewmembers, but I had the sneaking feeling that he rather missed the old days, with 60 apprentices making or furling sail.
More definitions of furlingDefinition of furling in:
- The US English dictionary