- another term for gorse.More example sentences
- There is something a little sinister about it, amid that green and fecund landscape, with its skirting of pine and silver birch and the furze and bracken above.
- People pull up in their cars, run behind the furze and dump everything out of sight.
- The droplets of dew hung from the yellow furze and they glistened like a thousand diamonds.
- More example sentences
- From Tavistock to Lidford we travel under the shadow of Dartmoor's furzy slopes; from Lidford to Launceston we journey through a fertile and beautifully wooded district, all hill and hollow.
- These two paints alone, across the full range from masstone to tint, mix a remarkably evocative range of colors - a furzy tan, ripe orange red, deep brown, granite gray, jet black, indigo, a deep dark blue and a cool sky blue.
- If the Londoner visitor to our ‘province of houses’ tire or of the inevitable urban hurry and worry, he could do no better than take a leisurely walking-trip among those ‘high grassy and furzy downs, coombs, or ewe-leases.’
Old English fyrs, of unknown origin.
More definitions of furzeDefinition of furze in:
- The US English dictionary